STORY: About 400 doctors gathered at Korean Medical Association (KMA) building for a meeting to discuss their plan and afterwards took to the streets with banners reading “pursuing unilateral policy threatens public health!”
More than 7,800 interns and resident doctors have walked off their jobs. That is just a fraction of the country's 100,000 doctors, but they have a key role in daily operations at teaching hospitals, where they can make up more than 40% of staff, as cost savings make them attractive for larger hospitals.
The government announced a planto increase the number of students admitted to medical schools by 2,000 starting in the 2025 academic year to bring the total to 5,000. However, the protesting doctors say the real issue is pay and working conditions, not the number of physicians.
- Pedro Pascal, SAG Award winner for Male Actor in a Drama Series, praises friend Colman DomingoAssociated Press Videos826 次觀看・1 小時前
- Elizabeth Debicki "shocked" by SAG Award winAssociated Press Videos1,593 次觀看・1 小時前
- Lily Gladstone says the weight of her SAG Award win is "heavy - literally and figuratively"Associated Press Videos2,657 次觀看・2 小時前
- Haley loses home state South Carolina to TrumpReuters Videos834 次觀看・4 小時前
- Lily Gladstone, 'Oppenheimer,' 'The Bear' win at 30th SAG AwardsAssociated Press Videos2,987 次觀看・6 小時前
- Noel Fielding stars as Dick Turpin in swashbuckling rompAssociated Press Videos159 次觀看・8 小時前
- At SAG Awards, actors say Hollywood strikes had lasting impactAssociated Press Videos1,848 次觀看・8 小時前
- Halle Bailey on motherhood: 'I feel like a woman'Associated Press Videos2,982 次觀看・8 小時前
- Houthis target U.S. tanker amid strikes by the WestReuters Videos14,917 次觀看・9 小時前