Search and rescue operations continued on the southern Italian island of Ischia on Monday, November 28, as the death toll from Saturday’s landslide rose to eight people, local media reported.
Italy’s fire and rescue service said 160 firefighters were involved in operations on the island, with 70 vehicles arriving from Campania, Lazio, Tuscany, Abruzzo, Puglia, and Molise.
The service said Italy’s National Corps had been mobilized in the rescue efforts, while divers were using sonar to scan the seabed near the port.
The government dedicated two million euro for the recovery efforts in Ischia, according to local news reports reports. Credit: Vigili del Fuoco via Storyful